Back to Cover Letter
photojournalist • audio editor
The Two Beer Queers, Washington
July 2017 - Present
- Record, produce, edit, and co-host a biweekly podcast covering topics of LGBTQ lifestyles in an approachable and conversational format
- Manage deadline recording and editing responsibilities, shared with co-host.
- Podcast marketing, which lead to a large boost in listeners, now averaging 600 listens per episode.
- Nominated for Best Podcast at DC Webfest
The Diamondback, College Park
March 2015 - May 2018
- Manage the news photography staff of six
- Work with editorial staff to ensure comprehensive photo coverage for daily online and weekly print editions
- Promoted after working seven months as a staff photographer
The Washington Blade, Washington
July 2017 - December 2018
- Photograph a wide array of assignments, including Capitol Hill news, the White House, LGBTQ nightlife, and profile portraits.
- Work with the photo editor to manage WordPress assets for all stories.
Capital News Service, Washington
January 2017 - April 2017
- Develop 360-degree video techniques with Future of Information Alliance Seed grant team to improve journalistic transparency
- Photograph daily news in the Capitol, covering both houses of congress, with coverage including live-tweeting
- Generate stand-alone photo stories for school supported wire service
- Audio recording, editing, and mastering
- Studio and journalistic photography
- Shooting and editing 360-degree video
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- HTML and CSS proficient